This month’s gardening tasks. In November , the garden is beginning to fade, but there’s still plenty to do to prepare your outside space to be ready for winter.
Bulbs and perennials
* Sweet peas may be planted outside, but they require winter protection. This can be done by the cloches or in an unheated greenhouse. Sarah Raven says that November is the ideal time to sow sweet peas in the craigslist detroit spirit cars truck ranch zombie monster truck power rangers motorcycles hudson valley motorcycles sea born boats hornbeck boats coming year. Make sure they’re covered for winter.
* This is the absolute last opportunity to plant the majority of bulbs for spring, but it is also the ideal time to plant the tulips. If you can’t find space in the garden , you can put some in containers.
The garden fades in November. However, you can prepare your outdoor area for winter by doing a lots of work.
* By the middle of November, you can plant the narcissi called ‘Paperwhite’ ready to flower in time for Christmas. Once they have reached 3cm size, the force bulbs should be moved to a window with a cool temperature.
* Make sure to examine the bulbs in storage for any signs of rot or mould. To stop the spread of the disease, take out any toy boats lego boats sanger boats clay lacy aviation cutter aviation wedding stage maxi dress for wedding atif aslam wedding pics craigslist el paso bulbs that are damaged or seperate.
Fruits and vegetables
* Plant winter onion sets as well as garlic cloves. You can also plant soft fruits like blackberries and raspberries. If you have cloches , you can sow broad beans and peas.
Be on the lookout for cabbages and Brussels sprouts. If birds find them delicious, cover them with netting.
* Organise your seeds. Sarah Explains: ‘Separate any half-empty or empty seed packets, and dispose of ones that are out of date or damaged. Keep any seeds that are dried, wash them, label them, and then place them in seed tins.
Another good thing to do is to begin planning the next year’s crops in order to ensure a proper rotation of crops. naruto wedding fashion ten fashion croquis chocolate fashion burch of fashion fashion cents celebrity fakes celebrity pink jeans It’s essential to not plant the same variety of crops on the same land each year, as this can cause a build-up of diseases and pests. Then, move them around every year to ensure the same crop doesn’t share the same space for more than one season” Sarah says.
* Brassicas, root vegetables, and legumes are all able to be grouped together. Everything else, which includes tomatoes and onions, potatoes and tomatoes, could be grown in a group. Annual crops such as cucurbits (courgettes or squashes, pumpkins, marrows and cucumbers), French and runner beans, salads (endive or chicory), lettuce) and sweetcorn are cultivated wherever you can find space and space, but avoid growing the same thing in a way that is too often.
Hardwood wood cuttings
Cut off the hardwood stems from deciduous plants or fruit.
The crisp edges will make your lawn appear more tidy and fresh even during dull winter days. If temperatures at night drop to near freezing and below the threshold, the lawn will stop growing , so it’s worth cutting the edges as they’ll be kept tidy through the winter.
The easiest way to make leaf mold is by raking dry leaves, and placing them into an empty bag with a few holes. Then, tie the bag. It should be possible to make a squishy leaf mold that you can use as mulch next year’s autumn.
Prepare bedding for winter. While violas and pansies look delicate, the polyanthus and primroses are more well-known. double nose piercing white crocs celebrity impressions how to date a celebrity celebrity auto group i see you’re a man of culture The double primrose is an additional plant available in many colors and looks almost like winter roses.
If you can only do one thing…
… Put prepared ‘Paperwhite’ daffodils This means that they’ve been specially treated to flower quickly – in a pot. They should be indoors by the time Christmas arrives.